HP Sprocket Photo Printer Features
HP Sprocket Printer is a mixture of Instant cameras and photo printers put in together. You can capture a picture on your phone and print the picture instantly. This is a Palm-Sized Printer and you can print 2*3-Inch photos instantly. You can also print pictures from your social media account directly. Know our verdict on the HP Sprocket Portable Photo Printer here.
- 50-second prints
- Bluetooth connection
- Cost around $99
- This printer does not use any ink to print the pictures
- Rather they use liquid or powder on paper to print on sheets bigger than 2*3 inches.
- The HP Sprocket uses the Zink technology. It uses HP Zink photo paper to print the photos.
- These sheets have all the colors you need for printing.
- The heat from the print head of varying length and intensity activate the dyes.
- These dyes which fall on the sheet turn into colors like magenta, cyan and yellow.
- It will give a wonderful color image with a single pass of the paper through the printer.
Additional information on technology:
- The HP Sprockets supports Bluetooth connectivity.
- It also supports NFC for Android phones.
- For Android or IOS phones you can operate the printer only with the HP Sprocket App.
Zero-Ink printable sheets:
- You do not need any sort of ink cartridge or toner.
- The Zink sheets have the colors Cyan, magenta, and yellow infused in them.
- Not only HP, Zink is in collaboration with other companies like LG and Polaroid to produce these sheets.
- The key feature about this sheet is that they are waterproof, tear and smudge resistant.
- You can also stick the sheets after you print the photos using the adhesive back.
Design and Features:
- The HP Sprocket printer measures about 116*75*23 mm
- It weighs around 172g
- This printer is available in three colors and you can choose one that matches your smartphone
- It is made of sturdy plastic with a glossy finish on the top.
- A bronze strip runs along the sides making it very attractive.
- It has the HP logo on the top with the model name.
- You can slide open the top portion where you can insert the sheets to print.
- The opening in front of the printer is from where you get the photo print output.
- Find the Reset pin hole, Micro-USB port and two LED indicators at the back of the printer.
- The white indicator on the printer indicates the printer is functioning properly.
- If the red indicator is glowing, it indicates the battery is low.
- The power button is on the side of the printer.
- You should charge your HP Sprocket for 90 minutes.
- After the indicator LED turns green you can take it off from the charge.
- Take the Zink sheets packet. There will be one additional sheet which is blue in color.
- This is the Smart sheet. Place the sheet in the bottom when loading the stack of a sheet into the printer.
- The smart sheet will help you clear and calibrate during the first print job.
The HP Sprocket App:
- The HP Sprocket App is very simple and easy to use.
- It reads almost all image formats such as JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, and BMP.
- You can also take images from your social media account and print them directly.
- Use your mobile camera to take pictures or take pictures using the HP Sprocket App.
- The App lets you take a single picture or multiple pictures and align in a grid.
- After you choose the picture or take a picture using the App you can edit it.
- Perform all basic edits like zoom, crop, auto-adjust exposure, use the ZINK frames, white balance, etc.
- You can also add Emijos, borders, stickers, and texts.
- After you make all the edits you can save the image or print it.
How the HP Sprocket works:
- Connect the printer and your Phone using Bluetooth connectivity.
- Download the HP Sprocket app from the app store (For IOS) or Play Store (for Android) phones.
- You will the green LED light indicator is the printer is ON and ready.
- Similarly, you will find a green dot on the HP Sprocket app.
- This indicates the printer and the App are connected and are ready to print.
- Start printing pictures of your wish.
- Connect your social media account using your smartphone to the HP Sprocket App.
- Choose a picture from your social media account and print directly from it.
Note: if you keep the device inactive, the HP Sprocket automatically powers off helping you to save power.
The image quality is decent. The size makes it easy to carry. The HP Sprocket App makes printing very simple and easy. You get 10 free Zink sheets with the printer. It costs around $10 for a 20 count replacement packs. This printer is no way a replacement for your dedicated printers at home. It is a fun compact printer which you can carry anywhere anytime and print your favorite picture instantly. Though the printer is a bit on the expensive side, the portability and instant printing technology and the use of no-ink technology ticks all the boxes and makes you go for it.