Understanding the error lights and deciphering the HP wireless printer WiFi flashing indication
This article deals with the understanding of the error lights present in HP printers and deciphering the HP wireless printer wifi flashing indicator light.
The good thing about HP printers is that they are quite easy to troubleshoot. The reason is that they come along with some indicator lights that allow users to understand and troubleshoot the error.
When your printer is starting up, you will find that following lights will be blinking.
- Go light
- Ready light
- Attention light
These indication lights are only temporary and will stop blinking once the printer has stabilized.
When the printer is ready
The power light alone is ON when the printer is ready to be operated. None of the other indicator lights should be on. If you find any other light ON, it means that the printer is facing an issue.
While processing data
When the printer is either receiving or processing a certain data then you will find that the POWER button remains blinking until the completion of the aforesaid process.
Manual feed error
The MANUAL FEED and the CONTINUABLE error lights are ON and your ATTENTION indication light is blinking because of these reasons
- Manual feed error in your HP printer
- General continuable error in your printer
- There can be a Memory configuration error
- Or maybe a personality or a print job-related error.
To print the error-free data you can try pressing the GO button. If it doesn’t work, then you can try servicing your printer to better its performance.
Some causes of the HP wireless printer wifi flashing issue are:
- The WPS is unable to connect to the wireless network
- The printer is unable to find the router
- There are many routers connected to the same network
Attention indication light
When the Attention indication light alone keeps blinking, it means that the print cartridge door is open.
Other common errors
- When there is a fatal error, then Attention, Power, and the Manual Feed indication lights are all ON
- When the toner is low in ink, then the TONER and the POWER indication lights are ON
- If the toner itself is missing, then the TONER indication light continues to blink until you fit back the toner
- The PAPER JAM indication light indicates that there is a paper jam
- Similarly, a blinking paper symbol light means that the printer is out of paper for printing.
- When you insert a paper that is not supported by your printer you will find that the PAPER JAM and MANUAL FEED indication lights are both ON and the paper symbol indication light remains blinking
Solution for HP wireless printer wifi flashing
To Fix HP wireless printer wifi flashing issue,
- Switch off and restart your router and your printer
- Select the Wireless icon on the control panel to turn on the setting
- This will resolve the issue
- Alternatively, call 123 HP COM SUPPORT for a resolution